This is how I came to cure my rosacea

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Rosacea and Stress


For many years the first thing I would do when I woke up was look in the mirror.

And I guess it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to guess what happened next.
First I saw the rosacea on my face, then I would spiral down to a state that was a mix of anxiety disappointment and anger. Upon those feelings I’d go to my large screen TV and play games or go to the kitchen and be rude to which ever member of my family just happened to be there.
Then just to reinforce my mood I’d check a few times during the day. Just in case a miracle had occurred. I remember when I stopped doing the mirror thing and much to my families delight stopped blaming them for my anxiety and my rosacea.
There is an old saying "If nothing changes, nothing changes" and along with that the one I like the best and it's the definition of insanity
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result"

There is such a need in rosacea and in deed all disease to deal with stressors in your life.The cortisol levels rise from anxiety,depression and fear.The adrenal glands( above the kidneys) secrete cortisol naturally in small amounts as a hormone regulator. However when the flight or fright mechanism cuts in as a natural response to fear and cortisol is released,what you find with ongoing fear/stress/anxiety is the cortisol levels don't reduce and the possibility of resultant hormone imbalance and the immune system
not being able to carry out its vital function of natural defense will cause the body to have dis-ease.

So it is so very necessary to de-stress in order for the healing to occur.
I found this to be a very large part of my cure and my ability to keep the rash away.
There are many ways you to can do this de-stressing work for yourself and it does come down to the individual. But I will suggest just a few. The first is self responsibility and stop blaming someone else for your rash. get some counseling if necessary to deal with anger and frustration and the resultant emotions. Change your mind about how you feel and think. Exercise, very very healthy diet ( I have many suggestions in my book Rosacea Cure), taking time to contemplate or meditate and calm your mind. Get to know yourself, and learn to drop the thinking that is not servicing your cure but enhancing the stress.


There is a sense of freedom in my life now that I have stopped being so anxious about this disease.

The reason of course is that I decided at that point to take responsibility and change things for myself. I took a course of action, one I had researched over many years and began to make a lot of sense to me. I have followed this “path” in a fairly strict way
And as a consequence discovered much about how the body works.
In discovering that I am responsible for my rosacea and its cure and that I could not sit around waiting for a doctor or research scientist to come up with a pill or a potion, I was able to then take action.

So one of the first things I did was to work on my anxiety levels and stop doing some of the habitual things, like mirror watching and give myself a chance to heal.

I discovered it was whole body healing that takes rosacea away. And that of course included how I thought about myself and my life.
Removing what I call rosacea anger/anxiety, I began the process of self respect again and looked more closely at my relationships and my career.

This course of action was a daily piece of "work" for me and did not happen overnight, but the realisation that even when I still had the rash I was feeling better. I started to understanding the possibilies that were presenting themselves to me I then knew rosacea was no longer my prison guard.
The jail doors were wide open
I never deviated from my routines. Well occassionally, yes I have, and there are always consequences , so much so that it has proven beyond a doubt to me that following a strict program of de-stressing, diet, exercise, understanding myself
and using easy to obtain topical facial remedies works.
And like any good program it works if you work it!
Good luck and cheers to all

Sam Speers

If you would like to know how I did this in detail my ebook “Cure Your Rosacea” http://www.cureyourrosacea.com

4 comments:

  1. I am 28 year old and I have mild rosacea that just developed over the last couple of years. Does anyone of you have it? I am trying different kinds of makeup to see which covers it better, doesn't irritate it,. Do you have any suggestions or have found any medicine, cleansers that work for me?

    Cure Rosacea
        

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I had rosacea for 10 years and have written an ebook on how I got rid of it
    http://www.cureyourrosacea.com
    The book is called Ultimate Rosacea Treatment

    I used to used mineral makeup to cover the rash but feel so good about my skin now I hardly ever use it
    Cheers

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have red cheeks and I hate it so much. What can I do every day to decrease my redness? Please recommend me any cure for Rosacea problem.

    Rosacea Stories

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will find all you need in my book
    Ultimate Rosacea Treatment
    http://www.cureyourrosacea.com
    Chhers and all the best with the treatment

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I cured my rosacea through much trial and error and research and have written this ebook to help others with the infliction